Wednesday, February 4, 2009

one down.

Before Christmas, I got the crazy idea to create something handmade for each person on my gift list. As time flew by, I got less and less ambitious, so I just ended up making purse-size tissue holders (after I saw this guy) from scrap felt. I did, however, go out and get some lovely cotton to make my husband some rolled-hem handkerchiefs, which I discovered on one of the Purl Bee blogs. I thought he might appreciate being able to put something in his suit pocket that wasn't just the paper program of the wedding we were attending. The first one was done in about an hour, and the second one I quickly stitched up on Christmas eve, while sitting at my grama's house, chatting and waiting for my fella to finish wrapping gifts in the other room. I gave up on finishing the third one and tucked the cut square of fabric in my bag. Anyhow, the other day I was home with a wicked headache, lying on the couch, and thought I'd start on my personal challenge to get things done. Another hour later, voilĂ ! Now on to the knitting....

No comments: